The following terms and conditions apply to all website design services offered by Praetorian Web Design.
By ordering services from Praetorian Web Design you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a website, which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Praetorian Web Design.
- Praetorian Web Design cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's website, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by Praetorian Web Design, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Praetorian Web Design until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- Praetorian Web Design makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- Praetorian Web Design can submit a client's website to several of the major search engines as part of the design commission if requested. If a client wishes Praetorian Web Design to promote a website as a separate commission, Praetorian Web Design will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- Praetorian Web Design can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a website promotion commission, chooses not to list a client's website.
- Praetorian Web Design will initially place the client's website on a secure section of the main Praetorian website in order that the client may view and comment upon the website's progress. When both Praetorian Web Design and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Praetorian Web Design will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Praetorian Web Design we will upload the design onto your web space, or provide the source code for the site via a download (or cd-rom disk) for the client to upload.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Praetorian Web Design judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
- If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Praetorian Web Design will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
- Praetorian Web Design expects payment by cheque or cash within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
- Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £15 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the client.
- Praetorian Web Design does not undertake to maintain or update a client's website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Praetorian Web Design to maintain or update a website as a separate commission, Praetorian Web Design will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. website maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- Praetorian Web Design reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Praetorian Web Design prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Praetorian Web Design reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions without prior notification.